Log on to Student Employment Online.If you have not yet received a User Name and Password to access the system, please call Student Employment at 801-422-3562.
Enter your User Name and Password. This takes you to the page that welcomes you to the Student Employment System. On the Title Bar you will see: Home | My File | My Jobs | Search | Logout.
Using the Posting Site
Below you will see circled numbers that correspond with the numbered instructions.
1. Add a New Job: Click on "My Jobs" in the title bar then click on "Add New Job" to post a new job. Fill in the boxes. Please note the following:
- Qualifications: Carefully choose your wording so as to comply with the University's at-will policy and to avoid any discrimination (e.g. required time commitment for a job, year in school, gender [unless job specific] and nationality).
- Application Instructions: Be sure to be specific in your application instructions. Be aware that if you want students to contact you directly please include your information in the "Application Instructions". If you want students to apply on-line, put that instruction here and choose 'yes' on "Allow On-line Inquiries" on the "Post Information" panel.
Click on 'Continue', which will take you to your "Contact Information".
- Please complete ALL fields in "Contact Information" as the information is necessary for administrative purposes.
- Student applicants will not be able to view "Contact Information" unless authorized by you on the next panel under "Show Contact Information".
Click on 'Continue', which will take you to "Posting Information".
- Please complete all fields.
- You must choose a "Position Type".
- You must choose 'yes' to "Allow on-line Inquiries" if "Application Instructions" say to apply on-line.
Click 'Finish'. The job will be sent to Student Employment to be approved and activated. When it says 'Active' below "Status", students will be able to view the job online. Jobs are printed and posted on the Student Employment Job Boards once a day in the morning, but the jobs online are updated throughout the day.
2. Editing an Active Job: Click on the job title of the position you would like to edit. The job posting will appear with 'Edit' buttons next to each section. Click on 'Edit' to change any information and then click 'Save' (at the bottom of the page). This changes the "Status" of your job back to a pending state and will again need to be reviewed and re-activated by Student Employment in order for students to view the job on-line.
3. Re-Post a Job: Click on the job title of the position you would like to re-post. The job posting will appear with 'Edit' buttons next to each section. Click on 'Edit' to update necessary information (such as dates, wages, hours, etc.). After clicking 'Save', the job will be sent to Student Employment to be approved and activated. All old inquiries will be erased, but the Job ID will remain the same. When it says Active below "Status", students will be able to view the job online.
4. Close a Job: Click on the circle located below "Close". Click 'no' when asked to create a hire record of the student you hired. Closing a job will not delete your inquiries. When it says 'Client Inactivated' below "Status", students can no longer view the job online. If you would like us to stamp the job closed on our job board, please give us a call at 422-3562.
5. View On-line Inquiries (Applications): You can view the "Profile" of online applicants by clicking on the number located below "Inquiries". Click on a name to view the complete "Profile". You can also click the "Respond" button on the right side of their name to view comments and additional information by the student. Responding to online applicants is easily done by clicking on this same "Respond" button.
6. Update Your File: Click on "My File" on the Title Bar to update your "Profile". Your "Profile" information will be listed with 'Edit' buttons next to each section. Click on 'Edit' to change your information and click on 'Save' at the bottom of the page when completed.