Deseret Mutual Financial Planners are available to meet one-on-one with BYU personnel. Individual meetings last approximately one hour and are no cost to you. Some of the topics addressed by the Planners may include:
- Assessing your financial position by reviewing income sources, assets, debts, savings and investments, wills, insurance policies, estate and retirement planning documents.
- Determining your net worth.
- Calculating your monthly cash flow.
- Identifying options to reduce and/or eliminate debt.
- Identifying and prioritizing your personal and financial needs and goals.
- Helping you to utilize your financial benefit to achieve your personal goals.
- Explaining the pros and cons of various options and products such as life insurance, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRA's etc.
- Assessing the level of risk you are willing to take with your investments.
- Developing a financial plan that is right for you.
- Helping you work effectively with other financial professionals, (accountants, lawyers, etc).
The Financial Planners are employed by Deseret Mutual. They are not paid on a commission basis and are not selling products to participants. Planners will not make specific investment or tax recommendations. However, they will offer objective advice on all aspects of financial planning. The Financial Planners have a combined 40 years of experience. The service they provide to DMBA participants for free would cost hundreds of dollars if purchased from private financial planners.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment with one of the Financial Planners, please contact Deseret Mutual, 1-800-777-3622, ext. 5627.