Brigham Young University Homepage

Frequently Asked Questions

Q.Where is the Benefits Office? What is the telephone number?
A: D-240 ASB, 801-422-4716

QWhat is the telephone number for DMBA? Where is their website?
A: 1-800-777-3622,

Q: What do I do if I have a name change?

A: Bring the Social Security card showing your name change to the Benefits Office, D-240A fill out a Name Change form and receive a new ID card.

Q: How do I add my new baby to the insurance?
A: Add your child to your health and life insurance within 60 days of birth or adoption. For a first child, come to the Benefits Office to fill out the enrollment forms. For other children log on to the DMBA website using your DMBA Member ID# and Password. Use the link "My Benefits", then "Change My Enrollment".

Q: Who do I contact with questions about BYU Disability?
A: A BYU Benefits Counselor will answer your questions about DMBA or Social Security benefits, help you to identify the income available from these sources, and assist you in the application process.

Q: How do I add my new spouse when I get married?
A: Bring a copy of the state-issued marriage certificate to the Benefits Office and complete the enrollment in the Benefits Office or on the DMBA website within 60 days of the marriage.

Q: How long are my dependents eligible for DMBA medical, dental, and life insurance?
A: Dependents are eligible for DMBA medical, dental, and life insurance until age 26.  Once they are employed with benefits offered through their own employer they should be taken off your plan. 

Q: Who do I contact about benefits regarding the death of a family member?
A: Please notify the BYU Benefits Office immediately following the death of a family member covered by benefits. A BYU Benefits counselor will coordinate with BYU University Relations, BYU Remembrance Fund, Deseret Mutual, and TIAA/CREF. DMBA will send all necessary forms to you. If you have questions about the forms, a Benefits Counselor will assist you with the processing of the paperwork from DMBA.

Q: How do I change my primary care physician?
A: You can chose or change your primary care physician at any time.  You do not need to notify BYU or DMBA.

Q: What happens to my benefits when I go on leave?
A: If you receive a University-approved leave (i.e., professional development, military service, ministerial service, illness, etc.) you should meet with a BYU Benefits counselor to ensure that benefits will continue as desired and that proper premiums will continue to be paid.



Q: What are the eligibility requirements for my child's tuition benefit?
A: Full-time employees must be over the age of 30 or have five years of eligible service before dependents receive the tuition benefit. Dependants are eligible for the tuition benefit until completion of an undergraduate degree, 152 BYU credit hours or age 30, regardless of marital status. The benefit is also available for dependants attending BYU-Idaho.

Q: What are the eligibility requirements for my child to get a BYU ID Card?
A: Dependents of full-time employees are eligible for a BYU ID card if they are between the ages of 12 and 30 and are unmarried. Those who receive ID cards agree to abide by the BYU Honor Code and Dress and Grooming Standards.

Updated by the HRS Web Team, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602 - Copyright 2008. All Rights Reserved.