The Office Skills Tests are offered in room 2024 Wilkinson Student Center (WSC). Non-students, please call (801) 422-3563 to make appointments. Students, please go to 2024 WSC to take the tests (appointments are not necessary). Please bring a photo I.D. The Office Skills Tests may be required for certain office personnel positions.
- Non-student final applicants are to take the Office Skills Tests at Brigham Young University.
- Office Skills Tests are offered on Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, except on University holidays and during the campus Devotional on Tuesdays from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- Required Office Skills Tests for a position are requested by departments. There are several Office Skills Tests:
- Keyboarding (3 minute timed warm-up, 5 minute timed test)
- Data Entry (5 minute timed test)
- Alpha and Numeric Filing (10 minutes each, 20 minutes total untimed test)
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint (30-50 minutes untimed test)
- Microsoft Office Excel (30-50 minutes untimed test)
- Microsoft Office Word (30-50 minutes untimed test)
- 10-Key (3 minute timed warm up, 3 minute timed test)
- Proofreading 1 and 2 (20 minutes each, 40 minutes total untimed test)
- Spelling (20 minutes untimed test)
If you have any questions, please contact BYU Staff and Administrative Employment Services at (801) 422-3563.