Hourly Wage Rate Schedule for Student Employees
- GRADE LEVEL 1
- Entry-level Positions: $7.25 to $7.70
- Experience or extensive training required: $7.75 to $9.50
- GRADE LEVEL 2
- Office/Clerical Work, Lead Positions, Technicians, Operators, Security, etc: $7.35 to $9.85
- Exceptionally skilled or experienced: $9.90 to $16.10
- GRADE LEVEL 3
- Computer programming, web development, training, technical experience: $8.45 to $12.95
- Certified or exceptionally skilled: $13.00 to $17.75
- GRADE LEVELS 4 & 5 (Specifically Academic-related Jobs)
- This category is provided for students employed to perform work requiring training or experience in a major field of study. It is understood that students will perform work requiring various levels of knowledge and skill, and therefore may be paid any rate from the minimum to the maximum allowed for their education level, based upon the actual work performed.
- Level 4
- Fresh/Soph: $7.25 to $10.95
- Junior: $7.50 to $12.10
- Senior $7.75 to $14.50
- Level 5
- 1st Year Graduate: $8.10 to $17.20
- 2nd Year Graduate with work experience: $8.70 to $18.10
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Candidate with two years’ work experience: $9.95 to $18.40
Hourly pay differentials may be considered where the work shift is early morning or late night, or working conditions are extremely unpleasant. The recommended range is $ .50 to $1.00 per hour to be added to the student’s base pay. Example: a night shift differential for working 12 midnight to 4 a.m.
Posting Student Positions
It is recommended that departments post student jobs whenever possible for fairness and in order to get the best pool of qualified applicants.