By accepting a job to work on campus, you agree to abide by the following requirements:
- The Church Education System Honor Code and Dress and Grooming Standards
- Employment-At-Will Status - The employment relationship exists at the will of either party (BYU and employee) and may be terminated at any time with appropriate notice and for any cause whatsoever or no cause, other than for reasons prohibited by law.
- 20-Hour Work Limit - As a student employee, I am limited to working twenty hours (twenty-eight hours for graduate students working within their field of study) per week during the fall and winter semesters. International students are restricted to a twenty hour per week limit.
- Hourly or Contract Employee - The Fair Labor Standards Act/University Policy prohibits me from working both an hourly job and a contracted position at the same time.
- No Unemployment Insurance - Utah’s Unemployment Insurance excludes student employees from unemployment insurance coverage. [Utah Employment Security Act, Section 35-4-22 (j) (6) (F) (i)].
- *Credit Hour Requirement - To be eligible to work as a student employee:
- (U.S. Citizen) I must carry at least 6 undergraduate credit hours or 2 graduate credit hours per semester in a Day Continuing (degree seeking) program during fall and Winter semesters.
- (Non Citizen) I must carry at least 12 undergraduate credit hours or 9 graduate credit hours per semester in a Day Continuing (degree seeking) program during fall and Winter semesters.