- How long are jobs posted?
- Administrative positions are listed for two weeks and staff positions are listed for one week, however, some special exceptions can apply. All deadlines for job openings can be found at http://yjobs.byu.edu.
- How are starting salaries determined?
- Starting salaries at BYU for part-time employees begin at $7.25 per hour and go up, dependent on education and experience. Full-time salaries are based on the job level of the position, as well as the education and previous work experience of the applicant. Job levels of full-time positions with corresponding starting salaries are indicated on all online postings.
- How many credits may I take as a full-time employee?
- Full-time employees may take up to six evening class credits. Employees are to obtain approvals from their Supervisor and Dean or Director before enrolling in classes taken which begin before 5:00 P.M., TBA classes, thesis hours, or dissertation hours. For audits and evening classes, employees may enroll at the Evening School office (122 Harman Building, 422-2872) or online at http://ce.byu.edu/ev.
- How long will my application be kept online?
- Once you have completed an application online, it will be stored in our online system indefinitely.
- If I submitted an old paper application, is it possible to get a hard copy of it?
- Yes, if you are a current employee. Current full-time employees may get copies from the Compensation Office at D-240 ASB. Current approved part-time employees may request their old applications from Staff and Administrative Employment at D-70 ASB. Applicants not currently working at BYU may no longer pick up their old paper applications.
- Call Staff and Administrative Employment at (801) 422-3563 or come by the office at D-70 ASB.
Whom may I contact if I have any additional questions?