Conference Assistant Qualifications - 2016
The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to dismiss a conference assistant at any time if the staff member fails to meet any of the qualifications or fails to fulfill his/her responsibilities.
- Full-time employment goes from April 23, 2016 through August 20, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
- Conference assistants may move into their rooms on Saturday, April 23, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Conference assistants must be available for desk training in April and be available to work Women's Conference as scheduled. Desk and FERPA training will be scheduled at the employee's convenience during the last two weeks of Winter Semester 2015 (April 1-23, 2016).
- Must be BYU students enrolled for Fall Semester 2016.
- Do not need to be in enrolled in classes for Spring Term 2016 or Summer Term 2016. If classes are taken, they can't interfere with job responsibilities. Classes should be scheduled between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Must abide by the Honor Code, the Dress and Grooming Standards, and the Housing Guidelines.
- Must have good interpersonal and public relations skills and be customer-service oriented.
- Should have excellent time-management skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be single students.
- Are required to attend student check-in training on Friday, April 22, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Are required to attend Women's Conference training, desk training, and complete building prep (April 25 - April 27, 2016).
- Are required to attend additional training sessions during the month of May (dates are yet to be determined).
- Conference Assistants are typically scheduled between 36 and 40 hours per week.
- Must be available to work scheduled hours--schedules may be subject to last-minute changes!
- Will be expected to work on holidays, i.e. Memorial Day, Independence Day, etc.
- May be required to transport themselves to Wyview Park for job responsibilities.
- Will be required to perform physical tasks, i.e. taking out trash, climbing stairs, moving furniture, etc.
- Scheduling for conference assistants may vary from week to week according to conference needs; consequently, Conference Assistants must remain flexible to schedule changes.
- Conference assistants may not accept other positions or make commitments that interfere with their employment responsibilities.
- During Women's Conference and at times when a Residence Hall may be used for a different gender, conference assistants will be asked to stay temporarily in another hall or On-Campus Housing area.
- Conference assistants will be scheduled for on-call responsibilities. While on-call, conference assistants are not restricted to the premises but must be available to respond to guests' needs.
- Spring/Summer 2016 compensation includes room, meal plan, plus an hourly wage of $7.25.