Conference Assistant Qualifications - 2017
The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to dismiss a conference assistant at any time if the staff member fails to meet any of the qualifications or fails to fulfill his/her responsibilities.
- Full-time employment goes from April 29, 2017 through August 26, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
- Conference assistants may move into their rooms on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
- Conference assistants must be available for desk training in April and be available to work Women's Conference as scheduled. Desk and FERPA training will be scheduled at the employee's convenience during the month of April.
- Must be BYU students enrolled for Fall Semester 2017.
- Do not need to be in enrolled in classes for spring/summer classes.
- Non-student status during spring/summer term is preferred; however, conference assistants may attend classes, providing they do not conflict with their employment duties. Classes between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. are preferred. Approval from area manager is required.
- Must abide by the Honor Code, the Dress and Grooming Standards, and Housing Guidelines.
- Must have good interpersonal and public relations skills and be customer-service oriented.
- Should have excellent time-management skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be single students.
- Are required to attend spring student check-in training on Friday, April 28, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
- Are required to attend Women's Conference training, desk training, and complete building prep (April 26 - May 1, 2017).
- Are required to attend additional training sessions during the month of May -- dates to be determined.
- May be scheduled to work up to 40 hours per week depending on individual conference needs.
- May be required to transport themselves to housing areas (Helaman, Heritage, or Wyview Park) for job responsibilities.
- Will be required to perform physical tasks, i.e. taking out trash, climbing stairs, moving beds, etc.
- Will be expected to work on holidays, i.e. Memorial Day, July 4th, etc.
- Must be available to work scheduled hours—schedules may be subject to last-minute changes.
- Scheduling for conference assistants may vary from week to week according to conference needs — conference assistants must remain flexible to schedule changes.
- Conference assistants may not accept other positions or make commitments that interfere with their employment responsibilities; i.e. additional employment, traveling performing groups, etc.
- During Women's Conference and at times when a Residence Hall may be used for a different gender, conference assistants will be asked to stay temporarily in another hall or Residence Life housing area.
- Conference assistants will be scheduled for on-call responsibilities—on-call time is not restricted to the premises but must be available to respond to guests needs within a reasonable time.
- Spring/Summer 2017 compensation includes room, meal plan, plus an hourly wage of $7.25.
The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to dismiss a conference assistant (CA) at any time if the staff member fails to meet qualifications or fulfill employment responsibilities.