19 and Older Communities
Obtaining an Apartment With Friends | What is the Waiting List?
19 and Older Communities in On-Campus Housing are located at Wyview Park, Heritage Halls, and Helaman Halls. The 19 and Older Communities for the 2017-18 school year are available to returning residents or students who turned 19 prior to January 1, 2017. The 19 and Older Communities for the 2018-19 school year are available to returning residents or students who turned 19 prior to January 1, 2018.
Why On-Campus Housing?
There are many reasons to consider the 19 and Older Communities in BYU On-Campus Housing as a housing option. Some of these reasons include:
- On-Campus Housing is located right on campus. Classes are within walking distance.
- The following amenities are included in rent:
- Utilities (electricity not included at Wyview Park)
- Free parking (on-site parking not available at Heritage Halls)
- High-Speed internet
- Internet-based TV Service
- Basic furnishings including bed, dresser, desk, and chair. Heritage Halls and Wyview Park also include a couch, fridge, microwave, dining table and chairs.
- Discounted laundry rates.
- All roommates are also attending BYU.
- High living standards and well-maintained housing.
- Released contracts for marriage, study abroad, military service, and graduation.
Room Selection Dates
If you are unable to select housing when room selection opens, please contact the Campus Accommodations Office at 801-422-7350. More information regarding room selection is available here.
If you will be returning from a mission, you will be permitted to select housing when room selection opens. Your ability to select housing has no bearing on your admission status.
For questions about admissions, please contact OneStop Student Services at 801-422-4104.
Obtaining an Apartment With Friends
If you have a group of friends that you would like to live with in a 19 and Older Community, please contact Campus Accommodations at 801-422-2611 after room selection for your requested agreement period has become available.
What is the Waiting List?
When all spaces in a housing area have been contracted for, Campus Accommodations will activate the waiting list. Then as cancellations are processed, spaces will be released to the waiting list. For more information regarding the waiting list, please visit the 19 and Older Waiting List webpage.