19 and Older Waiting List
How Do I Add Myself to the Waiting List? | How Do I Get a Bedspace Offer?
A special note regarding Spring 2018, Summer 2018, and Fall-Winter 2018-19 waiting lists:
- Room selection is now available.
- If the type of space you are looking for is not available, you may add yourself to the waiting list.
Active Waiting Lists
- Spring 2018: Now available for Returning Residents and those who turned 19 prior to January 1, 2018.
- Summer 2018: Now available for Returning Residents and those who turned 19 prior to January 1, 2018.
- Fall-Winter 2018-19: Now available for Returning Residents and those who turned 19 prior to January 1, 2018.
- Winter 2019: Check back in October for more information.
Waiting List Guidelines
- Your position on the waiting list is based on the date and time when you sign up for housing or add yourself to the waiting list.
- Adding yourself to the waiting list does not guarantee that you will receive a bedspace in On-Campus Housing.
- Campus Accommodations will be unable to tell you your position on the waiting list.
- The more specific your waiting list preferences, the less likely your preferences will match an opening.
- When a bedspace that fits your preferences becomes available, an email/text message will be sent to each email address/phone number you provide.
- Notification of openings will be sent Monday through Friday during the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- You will have 4 hours from the time you receive notification of an opening to accept a bedspace on hold and complete the agreement.
- If you do not complete the agreement within the allotted time, the hold will expire and you will no longer be able to contract for that bedspace.
- If you do not accept a bedspace and the hold expires, you will be removed from the waiting list. In order to be considered for additional openings you will need to renew your place on the waiting list (there is no limit to the number of times you may renew your place on the waiting list).
- Group accommodations can be requested by sending a message to Campus Accommodations through the My Housing Account. The message should include the Net IDs of each group member as well as the semester or term the request is for. All group members should add themselves to the waiting list.
- If you are a deferred returning missionary, you will be permitted to add your name to the waiting list. However, please note that your ability to add your name to the waiting list has no bearing on your admission status.
How Do I Add Myself to the Waiting List?
- Log in to My Housing Account.
- Select "Waiting List" from the Single Housing tab.
- In Part 1, select the agreement period for which you are looking for housing
- Under the instructions is a section called "Housing Agreement and Waiting List Selection for Selected Agreement Period." This section will update with your waiting list preferences and your current housing agreement (if you have one).
- Choose the area in which you would like housing.
- You may be able to narrow your request down as far as the building, floor, room, and bedspace. Please note, however, that the further down you narrow your waiting list request the less likely you will be to obtain a bedspace.
- Under Part 2, choose the Room Type you would like: Shared Room, Single Room, Suite
- Under Part 3, you must provide at least one phone number for text messaging and one email address (it is highly recommended that you provide additional email addresses and phone numbers for text messaging).
- Click Add New Contact Info
- Select the Contact Type that you would like to add
- Enter the appropriate information for the contact type. If you are adding a phone number for a text message, please first choose your country and then enter your phone number
- Click Save New Contact
- Click the Test button to receive a test text message or email
- Click Submit
- Review the information on the screen.
- Make sure your waiting list selection is what you want.
- Review your text message and email information.
- Read the information regarding the waiting list.
- Click Confirm
- You will receive a confirmation message on your Message Board. Please review the details.
How Do I Get a Bedspace Offer?
- When your place on the waiting list is reached and a bedspace that fits your preferences becomes available, an email/text message will be sent to each email address/phone number you provide, directing you to a message on your My Housing Account.
- The message in your My Housing Account will state:
"A bedspace has been put on hold for you matching your waiting list preferences for the requested agreement period. You have until (said time) Provo Time to accept or reject this hold. Please be aware that after accepting this hold you will need to complete the agreement before the hold expires.
Note: Please do not log in to My Housing Account from multiple computers while completing the agreement, as this will prevent you from being able to complete the process."
- You will click on the link in the message that will direct you to a page that shows a floor plan of where the bedspace is located. The bedspace that is on hold will be green.
- Click accept hold or decline hold (if you don't want the bedspace).
- If you accept the hold, you must complete the agreement or you will lose the bedspace. Contracting steps can be reviewed on the Room Selection instructions page under How do I select a room and meal plan, steps 4-11.