Services & Amenities
Laundry Facilities | Recreation & Play Areas | Storage | Utilities
There are basements available for use in each quad in South Wymount Terrace (except Quad 3). Basements can only be reserved between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. for up to three hours. Basements can be scheduled 30 days in advance. Residents reserving the basement are responsible to clean up (put away chairs, remove garbage, etc.). If the basement is left dirty, a charge will be added to the resident's student account. Call the Wymount Office at least 48 hours in advance to schedule a basement. Basements cannot be used for club or business events or to watch movies. Red punch is not allowed in the basements.
Community Aides are Student Family Housing residents chosen to help promote a sense of belonging to their respective communities. Community Aides are not employees of the university, but offer a service to the community when they are available. The Community Aides provide assistance to you by providing the following services:
- Let you into your apartment if you are locked out.
- Orient you when you move in and provide you with your mail key.
- Provide you with fire lane access. (Complexes 8, 9, 10, & 11 only)
- Assist in after-hour emergencies. Concerns (maintenance, community disturbances, crimes, and medical) should be reported immediately to your Community Aide.
- Conduct annual maintenance and safety inspections to ensure that your smoke detectors are functioning properly, review housing policies, and record any maintenance concerns.
If you do not know who your Community Aide is, please contact the area office. Community Aides are not responsible for interpreting university or housing procedures or guidelines. If you have any questions regarding these items, please contact management at your area office.
Wymount Terrace & Wyview Park Offices
These offices provide several services. Residents may:
- Purchase postage stamps (Cougar Cash only).
- Use a photocopier for $0.07 per page.
- Send and receive faxes. There is a $0.50 fee per page to send or receive a fax. For long distance faxing (outside of area code 801) there will be an additional $0.15 charge for each minute that it takes to send the fax. This will be in addition to the $0.50 fee per page. For international faxes, there will be an additional $3.50 charge for each minute that it takes to send the fax.
- Borrow or rent a vacuum cleaner. Vacuums may be checked out overnight at no charge. If vacuums are not returned by 5:00 p.m. the following business day, a $1.00 charge will be assessed per day to your student account until the vacuum is returned. If borrowed on a Friday evening, the vacuum will need to be returned by 5:00 p.m. the following Monday. Vacuum cleaners are also available on a monthly rental basis.
- Borrow a moving dolly at no charge. The same charges and time limits apply for dollies as vacuums.
- Borrow an apartment key to your apartment or mailbox. Keys may be checked out Monday through Friday and must be returned by 5:00 p.m. the same day. A $1.00 charge per day will be assessed to your Student Account if the key is not returned promptly.
- Make payments with Cougar Cash.
Wymount Terrace Office -
|Hours:||Monday - Friday (except university holidays)
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Address:||204 W0AD (1700 N. 950 E.)
Provo, UT 84604
|Hours:||Monday - Saturday (except university holidays)
7:00 a.m. to midnight
|Address:||66 West 1990 North
Provo, UT 84604
Furnishing & Appliances
Apartments include a family-sized refrigerator, stove & oven, garbage disposal, and blinds. Each apartment is equipped with internet access. Tenants can bring their own compatible wireless router and connect to a BYU network data jack in their apartment for internet access. Click here for more information.
Stoves in quads 1-6 and 16-17 are fueled by gas. Stoves in buildings 8-15 are electric.
If any appliance malfunctions, the problem should be reported immediately to Auxiliary Maintenance at 801-422-4411, where arrangements will be made to have the unit repaired. In some cases it may be necessary to take the appliance to the shop for repair. In this case, a temporary replacement will be left in the apartment until the appliance is repaired. You may not remove appliances from your apartment.
Student Family Housing is serviced by various laundromats. Each laundromat has standard-size washers and dryers, double-load washers and dryers, and two soak sinks.
The washers and dryers can be operated with coins or by using your Cougar Cash. Once your agreement begins, you will receive the discounted pricing shown below (pricing effective 6/20/2014):
|Wymount Terrace & Wyview Park||Cash Price||Cougar Cash
If you have a spouse who is not a student, they will need to obtain a BYU ID card in order to load Cougar Cash and receive the laundry discount. Instructions for obtaining a Spouse ID can be found by visiting the ID Center website.
Laundry equipment and facilities are maintained daily by custodial and maintenance personnel. Any malfunctions or problems with the equipment should be reported to Auxiliary Maintenance at 801-422-4411 during business hours, Monday through Friday. If the laundry machines malfunction and funds are taken from your Cougar Cash, you may contact the Cougar Cash Office at 801-422-3866 to receive a refund.
Do not leave items unattended at any time in the laundry facilities. BYU is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Recreation & Play Areas
Playground equipment is provided in the Student Family Housing areas. Parents allow children to play on these facilities at their own risk and agree to release BYU from any liability arising from the use of these facilities, even if it results from the negligence of BYU.
Wymount Terrace has a softball diamond located east of the Wymount Terrace Office building. In addition, Student Family Housing provides volleyball courts, basketball courts, picnic areas, and recreational lawn areas.
Locker facilities are available to Student Family Housing residents (subject to availability). The lockers are located at Wymount Terrace and a full-sized locker is $3.00 a month and measures 48 in. wide x 42 in. high x 24 in. deep. There are smaller lockers varying in dimensions for $2.00 a month. Charges will be posted on your university account and may be paid with your monthly rent. Basic locker rules are as follows:
- Lockers must be reserved through the Wymount Terrace Office (801-422-2549).
- Please do not put items in a locker unless it is tagged (by the office) with your name.
- Please do not store flammable liquids in the storage lockers.
- Items stored around the lockers will be removed and disposed of.
- You must provide your own lock and keep your locker locked at all times. Lockers without locks are subject to reassignment and the items are subject to disposal.
- You may only reserve one locker per apartment.
- If you need to get into the storage locker room, please contact the Community Aide in advance and arrange a time to meet with them. Tenants wishing to get into the locker immediately may not be able to do so.
- Please contact the Wymount Terrace Office if you stop using the locker. Lockers must be vacated by midnight of your move-out date as given in your termination notice. Lockers will be inspected the following day. Locks will be cut and items will be removed at owner's expense.
With the exception of the storage lockers, no storage areas outside the apartments are provided.
Monthly rates include gas, water, sewer/refuse removal, Campus Television, and high-speed internet connection. Telephone landlines are not available. Tenants are responsible for electricity.