On-Campus Housing

People to Know

Area Management

Each housing area has management that supervises the Hall Advisors and is responsible for all the students living in the housing area. The area management advises the area Residence Halls Association Council. Area management welcomes suggestions on improving your on-campus experience. Area management offices are located in the central building for each area.

Hall Advisors

Hall Advisors are full-time University employees who work with Resident Assistants to help you with your on-campus needs. They supervise Resident Assistants and advise hall councils for one or more buildings in a housing area. If you live in Helaman Halls, your Hall Advisor will live on the first floor of your building. At Heritage Halls, Wyview Park, or the Foreign Language Student Residence, your Hall Advisor will live on the first floor of your building or in a nearby building.

Resident Assistants

Resident Assistants (RA's) are experienced university students who live in the halls and are available to help you with anything you need while you live in on-campus housing. RA's facilitate community development, and they can also help you access on-campus services such as Academic Advisement, the Counseling and Career Center, and the Student Health Center. You will have one RA assigned to your floor or hall, and you will get to know other RA's who work with your Hall Advisor.

Conference Assistants

Conference Assistants (CA's) are Residence Life employees who assist Hall Advisors and Area Management in facilitating the stay of conference guests.

Desk Attendants

Desk Attendants are Residence Life employees who work in each of the area central buildings at the front desk. They will assist you when you need to check something out, pick up a package, or just need some general information.