Waiting List for 18 and Under Communities
How Do I Add Myself to the Waiting List? | How Do I Get a Bedspace Offer?
A special note regarding Summer 2018 and Fall-Winter 2018-19 waiting lists:
- If you are not able, on your room selection date and time, to obtain the type of bedspace you want, the waiting list for 18 and Under Communities will be available to admitted new students who graduate from high school in 2018 after 9:00 a.m. on April 12, 2018.
- You do not need to add your name to the waiting list right at 9:00 a.m. as your place on the waiting list will be based on the date you submitted your completed admissions application.
- Preferred roommates who have contracted for a room together are unable to change to a different room, request a room swap, or add themselves to the waiting list.
- If you want to request a preferred roommate link be removed, you should submit an "Other Petition" found under the Single Housing tab in My Housing Account. The request will be reviewed by the Housing Review Board and a response will be sent to your My Housing Account message board within 1-2 business days.
Active Waiting Lists
- Summer Term 2018: Available Now
- Fall-Winter 2018-19: Available Now
- Winter 2019: Date to be determined
Waiting List Guidelines
- Your position on the waiting list is based on the completion date of your admissions application in comparison with other admitted students. Adding yourself to the waiting list prior to someone else does not give you priority over them.
- Adding yourself to the waiting list does not guarantee that you will receive a bedspace in On-Campus Housing.
- Campus Accommodations will be unable to tell you your position on the waiting list.
- The more specific your waiting list preferences, the less likely your preferences will match an opening.
- When a bedspace that fits your preferences becomes available, an email/text message will be sent to each email address/phone number you provide.
- Notification of openings will be sent Monday through Friday during the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- You will have 4 hours from the time you receive notification of an opening to accept a bedspace on hold and complete the agreement.
- If you do not complete the agreement within the allotted time, the hold will expire and you will no longer be able to contract for that bedspace.
- If you do not accept a bedspace and the hold expires, you will be removed from the waiting list. In order to be considered for additional openings you will need to renew your place on the waiting list (there is no limit to the number of times you may renew your place on the waiting list).
How Do I Add Myself to the Waiting List?
- Log in to My Housing Account.
- Select "Waiting List" from the Single Housing tab.
- In Part 1, select the agreement period for which you are looking for housing
- Under the instructions is a section called "Housing Agreement and Waiting List Selection for Selected Agreement Period." This section will update with your waiting list preferences and your current housing agreement (if you have one).
- Choose the area in which you would like housing.
- You may be able to narrow your request down as far as the building, floor, room, and bedspace. Please note, however, that the further down you narrow your waiting list request the less likely you will be to obtain a bedspace.
- Under Part 2, choose the Room Type you would like: Shared Room, Single Room, Suite
- Under Part 3, you must provide at least one phone number for text messaging and one email address (it is highly recommended that you provide additional email addresses and phone numbers for text messaging).
- Click Add New Contact Info
- Select the Contact Type that you would like to add
- Enter the appropriate information for the contact type. If you are adding a phone number for a text message, please first choose your country and then enter your phone number
- Click Save New Contact
- Click the Test button to receive a test text message or email
- Click Submit
- Review the information on the screen.
- Make sure your waiting list selection is what you want.
- Review your text message and email information.
- Read the information regarding the waiting list.
- Click Confirm
- You will receive a confirmation message on your Message Board. Please review the details.
How Do I Get a Bedspace Offer?
- When your place on the waiting list is reached and a bedspace that fits your preferences becomes available, an email/text message will be sent to each email address/phone number you provide, directing you to a message on your My Housing Account.
- The message in your My Housing Account will state:
"A bedspace has been put on hold for you matching your waiting list preferences for the requested agreement period. You have until (said time) Provo Time to accept or reject this hold. Please be aware that after accepting this hold you will need to complete the agreement before the hold expires.
Note: Please do not log in to My Housing Account from multiple computers while completing the agreement, as this will prevent you from being able to complete the process."
- You will click on the link in the message that will direct you to a page that shows a floor plan of where the bedspace is located. The bedspace that is on hold will be green.
- Click accept hold or decline hold (if you don't want the bedspace).
- If you accept the hold, you must complete the agreement or you will lose the bedspace. Contracting steps can be reviewed on the Room Selection instructions page under How do I select a room and meal plan, steps 5-12.