The mission of Brigham Young University — founded, supported, and guided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — is to assist individuals in their quest for perfection and eternal life.
A BYU education should be spiritually strengthening, intellectually enlarging, and character building, leading to lifelong learning and service.
BYU Strategic Objectives
- Ensure alignment with the university mission.
- Make mission-fit hiring decisions.
- Advance faith-based teaching and learning.
- Advance student-centered research and scholarship.
- Promote a sense of belonging among all members of the campus community.
- Enhance the educational experience of students.
- Pursue the Inspiring Learning Initiative.
- Improve access to limited-enrollment programs.
- Continue to develop BYU Online.
- Expand opportunities for a BYU education.
- Increase student FTE enrollment by up to 10 percent over six years.
A world yearning for hope and joy needs a different model of university. At Brigham Young University, belief enhances inquiry, study amplifies faith, and revelation leads to rich understanding. Teaching and research are both valued, and excellence and affordability go hand in hand. As the flagship higher education institution of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU strives to be among the exceptional universities in the world and an essential university for the world.